Hi there! This website, www.directofficeproducts.com.au is owned and operated by Phillips Direct Office Pty Ltd ABN 30 154 500 035]. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
If you engage with us via this website, or choose to become our client we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name and email address
- with your consent, we may collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help us improve the usability and appeal of our website
Collection and Use
we may collect your personal information by various means including:
- an opt-in form for our mailing list
- when you email us
We use this information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide you with relevant news and updates about our products and service
- improve this website and the service we provide
We will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email us, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide us with information
- if we need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- if we are legally required to collect it
- for necessary administrative processes if you become our client
- if we believe that we can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although we will always give you a choice to opt out
Disclosure of Information
Reasons why we may disclose your information include:
- to send you products that you have purchased.
In order to do this, we may share some relevant information – on a strictly need to know basis – with:
- Our virtual assistant (VA)
- Australia Post or courier companies
We will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your information in this context, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss this personally.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We manage risks to your information by:
- storing information securely
- ensuring that only key personnel have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis
- conducting regular audits of our security systems
As mentioned above, your information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy:
From time to time we may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- personal contact
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact us.
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small text files that are commonly used by websites to improve a user’s experience, collect statistics or marketing information and provide access to secure areas.
You can choose to configure your browser settings not to accept cookies but this may interfere with the functioning of this website.
Our website uses the following cookies:
GOOGLE ANALYTICS – we use Google Analytics to collect information about your use of our website so that we can get strategic information about how our website is being used, and improve its functionality. You can find out more about the information Google collects and how it is used here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Google also provides an add-on for your browser that you can use to opt-out and prevent your data being used by Google Analytics. You can access that add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Access to Information
You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If we have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, we will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If we still believe that you are at risk, we will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.